Bananas and eggs form the basis of 6 breakfasts out of 7 in our house so every now and again it’s good to shake up the combo a little. I’d been meaning to try out these beauties for months but a) didn’t get round to it then b) forgot all about them.
So quick, simple and delicious, they’re an absolute hit here with Emmie and Joe. James, not so much but then he’s a pancake purist and has spent many Sunday mornings refining his art. Naturally without any form of wheat, these don’t really compare but they’re a great alternative. Honestly, they really are.
2 eggs, 1 banana and some coconut oil. This normally makes about 12 pancakes.
- Beat the eggs, and mash in the banana
2. Heat the coconut oil in a pan on a medium to high heat until fully melted
3. Dollop as many pancakes as you can fit. I use a tablespoon to get the right amount. Anything bigger doesn’t cook very well. Small is the key
4. Watch and test their readiness to flip. The first batch can take a couple of minutes, subsequent ones take just 30 seconds or so
5. Serve with honey or maple syrup, and fruit
6. Enjoy! And let me know what you think.