So cheap and so effective. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), like coconut oil, garlic and bicarbonate of soda, deserves absolute prime of place in your kitchen cupboards. Currently Tesco has it for £1.40 for 350 mls; it’s an absolute staple.
Unfiltered organic ACV is packed with raw enzymes and good bacteria which promote healthy digestion and can improve a number of bodily functions.
Important note: Apple cider vinegar contains chromium which can alter insulin levels so it’s highly recommended that people with diabetes talk to their doctors before downing a load.
Here are my 10 favourite household uses for Apple Cider Vinegar:
1. ACV is anti-bacterial. Mix with 1 part ACV, 2 parts water as a natural mouthwash or gargle the same solution as soon as a sore throat starts to be felt
2. For shiny hair. Mix 1 part AVC to 16 parts water and rinse through after you shampoo
3. It helps soothe sunburn. Add a cup to your bath water and soak to cool your skin and minimise the horrible discomfort of the red soreness
4. Heartburn. Many a pregnant woman I know swears by this one. It may seem strange; an acid fixing an acid, but apparently the science suggests that it corrects the pH. 1 tablespoon followed by a glass of water is sufficient
6. ACV contains potassium so can boost your energy if you add a tablespoon to a glass of water
8. Degrease your kitchen with a 1 part ACV 1 part water solution
9. ACV unblocks drains. Mix 1 part bicarbonate of soda with 2 parts vinegar and pour into your drain for an explosive effect. It’s hugely effective
10. It easily removes stickers. Soak the stickers with ACV and let them sit for 20 minutes. They easily scrape off afterwards
These suggestions are just the tip of the iceberg for uses of Apple Cider Vinegar, have you used it for something else?
Are you convinced? Will you try it out?