My prologue to my new school year

It was slightly nerve-wracking opening up WordPress again after all this time. We’ve been away from The Two Saving Sisters for nearly 3 months and in that time I haven’t opened up the back-end once to take a peek at what’s been going on.

08-16-Prologue-1

I’d promised myself that just as the American schools go back in August, I was going to start afresh too. Hitting the keyboard with gusto and getting back into regular writing. So last weekend I mustered up the energy, motivation, and courage to sit down and get going again. In my head I have so much to talk about but like everything in life, the hardest part is the start. So I’m back. Hi. It’s really nice to be here. And it’s also really reassuring to see how many people have been checking out the site whilst we haven’t been around. In fact I was slightly shocked by the numbers.

So what’s new? Well, I’ve had a bit of a tough patch but that’s just life isn’t it? Military life is never a bed of roses at the best of times but when the going gets tough, it’s a case of just about keeping your head above water but with little inclination for anything else.

We’ve spent a lot of the summer in the U.K. and U.S. The children got to see grandparents and great grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. We’ve spent a lot of time in the sky and as a result, we’re very glad to not be going on a plane again until October.

08-16 Prologue

I’m still working out daily. It’s totally a habit now but reporting my progress on Instagram is keeping me massively accountable. I’ve tried new things and kettle bells are my huge new love. I’m trying to get everyone I know on the bandwagon! 15000 steps is my daily Fitbit aim and I manage it on average 5 days out of 7.

I’m following a paleo diet 80% of the time. The other 20% I’m eating ice cream and German cakes. It’s made a huge difference to my mental agility, emotional state and stomach bloat. I wish I’d started it years ago.

We have 2 more years in Germany and I’m in the process of moving from myself volunteer to gainfully self-employed as a Lactation Counselor. It’s about time!

We have a plethora of trips planned over the next few months to make the most of our decreasing time in our central Europe location including;

  • Nuremberg
  • German lake camping
  • Riga, Latvia
  • U.K. x2
  • Porto, Portugal

And finally, I have a lot of posts planned and half written, ready to get back at it.

It’s been a good break. I’ve enjoyed being away from the laptop and I’ve even deleted Facebook from my phone which was my biggest time waster. But I’m definitely ready to be back.

Lucy

 

 

 

Save

Advertisements